The following article was derived from a presentation given by Gini Grey during “Empaths Shifting into 2012: A Telesummit to Help Energy-Sensitive People Understand Their Spiritual Role on Earth” on September 6, 2011. Get the full transcription and MP3 audio of Gini’s and Kate Garvey’s presentation at http://weare1inspirit.com/spiritual-audios.htm#Kate
How do you identify how far your boundary has strayed from you, and where yours ends and another person’s begins? Is there a set distance we should strive for in keeping our aura?
This is yours, this is your space, and you can do whatever you want with it, but I keep mine at about an arm’s length. Here’s how:
1. Close your and visualize the egg-shaped bubble of energy that surrounds your body. This is your auric field.
2. Consciously bring your aura in closer until it is about an inch away from your body. What does it feel like when it’s that close in? Does it feel tight? Does it feel comfortable or uncomfortable? When do you do this? And notice the body cues. The body will tell you what it feels like when you’ve got your aura in like this. What other times do you feel like this?
3. Now move it back out so the outer edge is about an arm’s length away in front of and behind you, above and below you, and to the sides. Now smooth the outer edge as if caressing a beloved pet. Now you get a sense of what it feels like when your aura is this distance. Notice how you feel in your body. How is this different than before?
4. Next move it way out to fill the whole room, and notice what that feels like. Does this feel comfortable or uncomfortable? Safe or unsafe (vulnerable)? What are the body cues? What other times do you feel like this?
Gini Grey’s is the author of Create What You Want in Your Life—a CD that guides you through the process of discovering what you want in your life, and creating and manifesting it with spiritual ease. This 7-track CD includes two powerful guided imagery sessions to help you envision what you want and move beyond any blocks on your path. For empowering articles visit her Insights & Inspiration and Spiritual Transformers sites http://www.ginigrey.com.
I hope you will try the aura distance exercises and make dowsing rods out of coat hanger. If you do, please leave a comment about what you experience. We love to hear from our readers!
Article Links for Gini Grey’s work:
· Centered Within: http://www.ginigrey.com/wp/spiritual-insights/centered-within/
· Staying Grounded: http://www.ginigrey.com/wp/spiritual-insights/staying-grounded/
· Aura and Energy Boundaries: http://www.ginigrey.com/wp/spiritual-insights/energy-boundaries/
· Being in a State of Non-Resistance: http://www.ginigrey.com/wp/spiritual-insights/being-in-a-state-of-non-resistance/
· 6th Chakra and Clairvoyance: http://ginigrey.com/spiritualtransformers/6th-chakra-and-clairvoyance-how-to-read-energy-and-see-clearly/
· Rise Above Sympathy into Empathy and Compassion: http://ginigrey.com/spiritualtransformers/rise-above-sympathy-into-empathy-and-compassion/
· Complimentary Audio Session on Compassion: http://ginigrey.com/spiritualenergy/gifts/experience-compassion/
PURCHASE paperback book, Whose Stuff Is This? Finding Freedom from the Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You at http://tinyurl.com/EmpathAmazon. The e-book version is now available for Kindle, iPhone, iPad, and other digital reading devices.