October 9, 2011

Owning Your Aura and Personal Space

This article is derived from a presentation given by Gini Grey during Empaths Shifting into 2012: A Telesummit to Help Energy-Sensitive People Understand Their Spiritual Role on Earth” on September 6, 2011. Get the full transcription and MP3 audio of Gini’s and Kate Garvey’s presentation at http://weare1inspirit.com/spiritual-audios.htm#Kate
The other one that I think is very useful is to be aware of your aura, because we often think we end where our skin ends.  But we don’t; we have this electromagnetic field of energy, known as an aura, surrounding the body. Because we carry information in our chakras, this is how we perceive, but we also carry that information in the layers of our aura.
Whatever I see, think, or feel has an electrical impulse that emits a signal into the world.
Everyone has their own reality and it may not be like yours. To keep from picking up this free-roaming information, you need to own your aura.  The more you own your aura, the easier it is to keep it clean and see things clearly.  Owning your aura also helps you to create healthy boundaries so that other people respect your space. 
Let’s try this technique. Become aware of the edge of your aura. I like to have my aura a distance of about an arm’s length from my body.  That’s an area I can own.  If I’m feeling fearful I may shrink it in too much and that’s not appropriate. If I try to make myself more visible I may have my aura way out there in everyone else’s space. That means I’m not owning it, and that’s not safe.  So I set my intention to have my aura about an arm’s length around me—in front of me, behind me, to my sides, above, and below. See yourself inside this clear bubble that surrounds you? That is your auric field.
Next, I smooth the outside edge as if caressing your pet or child. Often people use a clear gold or clear light vibration and they envision it around their body. Imagine your whole body and the space around you being clear. That way you can be in the midst of turmoil but nothing will stick in your space. By simply doing that, people will telepathically pick up that this is your space, and they’ll be more likely to respect it.  Whereas if you’re not owning your aura, it’s easy for people to throw their emotions in your space. You will sense their judgments and invalidation.  
Now the other thing about owning your aura is to do it from a place of non-resistance. If you’re in a hectic environment where people are throwing their emotions around and you’re empathic or sensitive you are going to pick up on it. If you go into resistance, you will create a space where stuff sticks to you. What we resist, persists. If you are consciously in a flow of light, other people’s energy will pass right through without affecting you.  If someone isn’t respecting your space, even though you’re owning your boundaries and aura, nothing will stick; it will just flow right through you or pass down your grounding cord, or you’ll just not notice it as much.
When you own your aura and are aware of your energy flow, you know when someone else’s emotion is in your space. You know what your own energy and emotions feel like. When all of a sudden something feels a bit heavy or a icky, you can say, “This isn’t mine,” and you can lay it down or take it off the way you would take off a sweater.  This will work if you are not in resistance and you’re owning your space.  You’ll feel safer, have more balance, and feel healthier with what’s going on.
Sometimes I’ll feel some fear in my space and then I realize something is going on out in the world–an earthquake has happened or something–and I’m picking up on the fear.  Even if I haven’t read a newspaper, I’m picking up on the event, so by knowing I know what my energy feels like I am aware when I’m feeling something that is not mine. I move out of resistance to it and just let it go, then I feel better. 
Have you tried this technique of owning your aura? Feel free to comment about what you experience when you try this exercise.
Gini Grey has created Spiritual Energy Awareness audio programs. These transformational energy awareness courses help you shift the energy dynamics in your life. Programs include topics such as Energy Balancing Tools, Energy Healing Meditation, and Living in Abundance. For empowering articles visit her Insights & Inspiration and Spiritual Transformers sites http://www.ginigrey.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PURCHASE paperback book, Whose Stuff Is This? Finding Freedom from the Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You at http://tinyurl.com/EmpathAmazon. The e-book version is now available for Kindle, iPhone, iPad, and other digital reading devices.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment