August 31, 2011

Helping An Empathic Child Restore Strength

by Caron Goode

“A resilient child does not need all these features to be resilient, but one (set of skills) is not enough. Resilience results from a combination of these features.”

The International Resilience Project put forth A Guide to Promoting Resilience in Children: Strengthening the Human Spirit. In this book, the author, Goldberg, suggests that children can draw from three sources of resilience. The first is to know what is available to them. The second resource is their inner personal skills, and the third resource is the action they can take. The three resources are reflected in statements for each category:

I HAVE represents what is available in their environment.
I AM statements reflect the child’s resources.
I CAN statements represent what the child could do, what action feels right.

I HAVE
 A big brother who supports me and loves me.
 My dog, Max, who sleeps on my bed when I feel upset.
 My family who love me.

I AM
 A sensitive person who likes to help others.
 Happy most of the time
 Willing to be responsible for what I do

I CAN
 Share my feeling with my parents when I am overwhelmed.
 Shift my moods from sad to happy
 Take ten deep breaths to calm down and focus.

For further information, check out Raising Intuitive Children.

Dr. Goode is the founder of the Academy for Coaching Parents International, a global online school for training successful, wealthy parenting coaches in home-based businesses. She is the author of fifteen books, including the international best seller, Kids Who See Ghosts, the national award-winner Raising Intuitive Children. See and review all of Dr. Goode’s books here.


If you are an empath struggling with managing the energy overload that tends to accompany this gift, you might want to join us for a free training event: “Empaths Shifting into 2012: A Telesummit to Help Energy-Sensitive People Understand Their Spiritual Role on Earth” September 6, 13, 20, & 27, 2011. Sign up at http://live-spirit.com/empathytelesummit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PURCHASE paperback book, Whose Stuff Is This? Finding Freedom from the Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You at http://tinyurl.com/EmpathAmazon. The e-book version is now available for Kindle, iPhone, iPad, and other digital reading devices.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment