July 8, 2013

Characteristics of an Untrained Empath: Heart Palpitations, Anxiety, & Headaches

“What’s wrong with me, doc?” I asked as I sat on the examination table in the emergency room of a clinic. “My heart is pounding, my head is spinning, and I feel like I’m going to pass out. I haven’t done anything out of the norm.”

“I can’t find a thing wrong with you,” he said. “You must be having an anxiety attack or allergic reaction to something.”

“I had a root canal last week and nearly fainted. The dentist said I am allergic to Novocain. Could that be it?”

“Have you had these symptoms continuously since then?”

“No, they came up suddenly this afternoon.”

“Are you taking any kind of medication?”

“Nothing but Tylenol. I still have a headache.”

“What were you doing when the symptoms started?”

“Praying.”

The doctor had no explanation. He gave me some Benadryl and sent me home. I slept the rest of the day.

My symptoms were energetically related. Most medical doctors do not understand how the energy from one person can affect another person and cause physical pain or emotional distress.

Before I had a label to put on my empathetic ability, I called myself an intercessor or “surrogate” for carrying the burdens of others to the throne of grace—a noble and worthy cause. As I prayed for the entire city on a daily basis, I picked up on the energy of thousands of people and took on the suffering of many of them. However, I didn’t realize what was happening.

Emotions such as fear, anger, and frustration are energies. Like a virus, you can potentially “catch” them from people without realizing it. Empathic people can be psychic sponges that absorb energy everywhere they go. I was so energy sensitive that if I heard an ambulance siren, I would feel instant panic. If I came upon an accident scene or a homeless person, I cried. If I saw an open wound, I would feel an electric shock all over my body. In traffic, I felt the anger and frustration of my fellow drivers so bad that my throat would close up and I could not swallow. When I was in my prayer closet, I would cry, groan, shake, and travail on behalf of others. These and similar scenarios were so common for me that I thought everyone felt this way. I had no idea that I was an empath. I had never heard of such a thing.

Since then, I’ve become a coach to those who are going through what I experienced in the 1990s. If you are interested in working with me, please contact me to set up a time that we can chat to see if coaching is right for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PURCHASE the paperback book, Whose Stuff Is This? Finding Freedom from the Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You at http://tinyurl.com/EmpathAmazon.
The e-book version is now available for Kindle, iPhone, iPad, and other digital reading devices on Smashwords.com. Get the PDF on the author's website: WeAreOneinSpirit.com.
Why not have someone read the book to you? Check out the audio book MP3 file version.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment