September 15, 2011

Why the Author Wrote this Book for Empaths?

Like most empathic people, I have always wanted to help others avoid suffering. As strange as this may sound, the one way empaths do this is by taking on the problems of others and suffering on their behalf—kind of like a surrogate for affliction. The other person feels better, but the empath feels worse. This is done in ignorance. Empaths have no idea why they feel so bad or have such emotional mood swings so much of the time. Many are diagnosed as bipolar or having some other mental illness. Medication is often prescribed rather than dealing with the underlying cause, which is energy-related.

I had been an intercessor at church for many years; I was the one people called when they needed prayer, and soon I found myself praying for hours each day. I didn’t realize I was picking up the burdens of others and carrying them as a way to release their karma. I knew nothing about staying clear.

I was at the point of mental, emotional, and physical exhaustion when I turned forty. My life as I knew it fell apart and I was circling the drain about to go under with depression. I intuitively knew my condition was spiritually related because when I prayed for others, many times they got well and I began to feel whatever discomfort they had been struggling with. Something had to change.

I had no idea where to start, but I knew that my marriage and my religion were not the answer. They were causing me even more distress so I left both of them and began searching other belief systems. I was drawn to Earth-based healing and energy medicine. Thankfully, I found herbal remedies, as well as visualizations, meditations, prayers, etc., that brought me to a path of emotional maturity (using the gift of empathy wisely without paying a personal price). I ended up getting a bachelor’s degree in metaphysics as I researched and tried all kinds of things to alleviate empathy fatigue—not really knowing the term for the kind of “backlash” I was dealing with.

It occurred to me last summer that I needed to share what I had learned about being an empath. Since writing is my forte, I started writing a blog (http://weareoneinspirit.com) about some of the spiritual practices and protection tips that I use to keep my energy field clear and balance my chakras. However, it wasn’t until a psychotherapist friend of mine, Dr. Caron Goode, suggested I write a book that I decided to gather all this information into a guidebook that could be used to help the millions of energy-sensitive people set boundaries and manage the overload of energy they pick up. Caron provided insight on the psychological aspect of empathy and I wrote about my personal journey through the empath wilderness and how I learned to psychically protect myself as I moved toward wholeness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PURCHASE paperback book, Whose Stuff Is This? Finding Freedom from the Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You at http://tinyurl.com/EmpathAmazon. The e-book version is now available for Kindle, iPhone, iPad, and other digital reading devices.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment